Immersive4Learning is an innovative intelligent educational platform that uses the powers of artificial intelligence, natural language processing, novel pedagogical models, and virtual reality to improve teaching and learning in the enterprise and education sectors targeting cognitive and motor skills.
- It detects the user behavior and dynamically adapts the VR content
- It uses a linked data (RDF) model so it can extend the internal domain knowledge data with the external data sources (e.g. link to the Wikipedia content, Youtube etc.)
- Automatically switches to different pedagogical strategies (e.g. from classical to gamification) based on detected behavior
- Uses body tracking and inverse kinematics models to detect and reconstruct the body position in 3D space in real-time so that motor skills can also be learned
Most of the existing educational systems and approaches for cognitive and motor development are still relying on very old teaching methods and often lagging behind the technological advances. The way the content is presented both in formal education and enterprise learning sectors is still based on the lowest levels of human cognitive and motor capabilities involving text, images, speech, and stimulating only reproductive memory. On the other hand, current VR cognitive learning solutions rely on very specific content that is presented to the learners in a rigid fashion strictly following pre-defined order of questions. For motor development, there are currently no significant developments within the commercial sector. Furthermore, the conceptualization of the education material (authoring) requires expert knowledge making it difficult for the teachers to structure and deploy in a proper manner and in-line with the pedagogical models.
How Immersive4Learning solves challenges?
Combining adaptive learning techniques and expert systems in education have been an active area of research in the past decades where a number of Intelligent Tutoring Systems (ITS) have been developed and utilized for the on-line technology solutions. Most of the current ITS solutions are monolithic blocks, not able to adapt to different domains, and do not capitalize on the possibilities offered by VR technology and body tracking. There are several VR educational platforms present in the market such as Immersive Education Engage, Alchemy VR, Unimersiv, InstaVR which offer the possibility to create immersive educational experiences.
However, none of these platforms have features that Immersive4Learning offers, namely intelligent authoring and VR content creation, pedagogical models, personalization, body tracking in real-time, and Artificial Intelligence support which are the key components of the educational system aiming to mimic or overcome the capabilities of the human tutors, both for the cognitive and motor skills. In this context, the mentioned platforms are essentially customers as their platforms can be extended with the SDKs, Immersive4Learning will offer.
 Frederic Le Corre, Caroline Fauvel, Charlotte Hoareau, Ronan Querrec, Cedric Buche. CHRYSAOR: an Agent-Based Intelligent Tutoring System in Virtual Environment. International Conference on Virtual Learning, Nov 2012, Brasov, Romania. pp.39-45, 2012
 Guerriero, S. (ed.) (2017), Pedagogical Knowledge and the Changing Nature of the Teaching Profession, OECD Publishing, Paris
There are no solutions or concepts that offer the following:
- Include pedagogical strategy as part of the content presentation
- Use the linked data model to dynamically extend the Virtual Reality Learning Environment
- Enable personalization of the VR content based on the detected behavior
- Enable both cognitive and motor skill development
We are looking for:
1. Commercial partners helping (with funds or commercial opportunities) to further develop Immersive4Learning and enable integration within the enterprise sector
2. Formal education partners (e.g. education authorities, schools, universities) who would like to implement Immersive4Learning within their respective domains
3. Investment partners (e.g. VCs) who would like to support the further development of Immersive4Learning platform with the equity or revenue share model