LAST CHANCE: SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN UNTIL FRIDAY the 3rd! Hurry UP!
This challenge is a joint initiative of NOKIA and AUSSENWIRTSCHAFT AUSTRIA exclusively targeted at Austrian technology startups and application developers.
Why the edge matter?
Certain applications behave much better when processing and rendering are performed immediately, with minimal latency since the workloads are run from the edge of the operator’s network: Multi-Access Edge Computing (MEC) technology makes it happen!
Gartner defines edge computing as “a part of a distributed computing topology in which information processing is located close to the edge – where things and people produce or consume that information.”
But this technology is also an enabler for many 5G use cases, unlocking new service possibilities and bringing monetization opportunities for developers, mobile operators, and enterprises.
What are we looking for:
Nokia is looking for new partners that have developed innovative applications in relevant domains where latency and bandwidth are critical for their respective performance, which can be compatible with Nokia related products to expose and offer to Nokia customer base.
The selected applications will be listed in our official 3rd Party applications catalog, which will become accessible to the Nokia Customer base (CSPs and Enterprises).
- Cloud gaming
- Industry 4.0
- XR applications, AR/VR applications
- Audio, video analytics
- IoT solutions and services
- Smart urban environment
- Real-time/Remote service
- Monitoring and analysis of the flow of people, face recognition
- Smart city infrastructure
- Health & Safety
In case your application (s) is not part of any of these domains, don't give up! Submit your proposal and explain the relevance of the use case for mobile operators and/or enterprises.
Updated Phase I: Submission phase - challenge deadline 30th of June! We want to give you time to submit your "skyrocket" applications
Updated Phase II: Candidates will be invited for Nokia webinar - 1st July
NEW Phase III: Candidates will be invited to join remote an exciting OpEN talks session to present their applications/short company overview to Nokia
Phase IV: Pitch Day - The shortlisted candidates will be invited to the final Pitch Day to take place at Nokia office (Munich)
What we expect from your submission:
Please indicate the domain (s) that your application (s) refers to. Describe and document properly your proposal. You can add material like a demo, video, ppt to better illustrate your product and add references.
In your proposal, it is also required that you answer if your application (s):
- What APIs would you further require to enhance your application and what information would you like to retrieve from a mobile operator network?
- It requires low network latency to function properly?
- Does it help to achieve significant cost-savings by processing data locally instead of uploading it elsewhere (to the cloud) for centralized processing?
- The service processes sensitive data locally and produces anonymous data that can be stored and further refined?
- Does the service support a local function that can be carried out independently without a constant network connection?
Do you have the right application (s)? Don't miss this chance and apply today!